thWhat Should You Look For in a Custom Home Builder?
There is a perfect builder for everyone; you just need to know what to look for. From bungalows to luxury, dream homes, custom homes can be built in any style and budget. But finding the right builder can be a tough process. Here are some tips on what you should look out for when finding the best custom home builder in Atlanta, Georgia!
It is crucial Collaborate closely with the architect to ensure that your vision for the house is shared and translated into a practical construction project. Collaboration between the custom home builder, future homeowner, and architect is key when it comes to building your dream home.
This ensures that all parties are on the same page, and is an important step in ensuring that you’re getting what you’ve paid for. This is a process that must begin long before the first shovel goes into the ground.
What does an architect do? Since so much of your custom home will be dictated by its design, it’s important to have someone who can visualize how everything from floor plan layout to materials will look as a finished product. An architect should be able to advise on several items including:
- Will the design meet local building codes?
- How does the design impact construction costs, time, and materials?
- What are some cost-effective features to consider for this house plan?
At Home and Made Custom Builders, we have an architect on our team to advise, guide, and make design changes as needed.
Provide Original and Unique Design Details
When you’re building a custom home, it can be hard to know where to start. You’ve been dreaming of a custom home for years that fits your family perfectly. Now that it’s time to actually take the first step, ideas in your “dream book” are outdated, your ideas or needs have changed, or you simply can’t remember all those great ideas you once had.
Having a designer when building a custom home is very beneficial. To get the best experience possible, it’s important to have someone who knows what they are doing and can also provide you with options for your design.
There are many things that need to be considered when building a house. So having an expert there to help make sure everything goes smoothly will save time and money in the end. You need a designer to work with you one-on-one and provide the best ideas and advice as your dream comes together.
This makes the best custom home builders stand out from “ok” home builders. The best home builders don’t just build homes. They provide you with the help assistance, and ideas you need to create their dream home.
- You know you’ve found a quality custom home builder when they have a designer on staff. At Home and Made Custom Homes, we have designers on staff who will work with you from the beginning of your project all the way through to create a unique design that’s perfect for you.
Dependable Price Estimates
The cost of building a custom home can become very high, very quickly. That’s why so it’s important to get the best price you can and a custom home builder that gives you a dependable price estimate. Many builders will give you an estimate for your project, off the top of their heads, but as the build progresses, the price changes.
This can be due to different factors.
- First, your future home builder should give you an estimate in writing that has been agreed upon by both the builder and the home builder.
- Second, many times, homeowners want to make changes as the build progresses. There should be a clause and allowance for this in the initial contract. Guidelines for changes should be made clear before the build starts.
- Third, custom home services within a budget can be negotiated. It’s always best to have a custom home builder that can provide cost-effective custom design solutions for your project.
- Fourth, included in the initial custom home estimate should be any additional expenses. There may be extra fees for landscaping, custom lighting fixtures, and more, so the estimate should include their costs.
When it comes to building a custom home, surprises are not a good thing. Choose your builder wisely and make sure you get a realistic estimate in writing.
High-Performance Custom Building
In a high-performance building, all major high-performance attributes are considered. Some of the
The term ‘high-performance building’ means a building that integrates and optimizes the life cycle basis of all major high-performance attributes. Some of these attributes in a custom home include:
- Energy conservation and efficiency
A quality custom home builder should take all these attributes into consideration, then take it one step further with Passive House (link to Passive House article) technology – a house that produces more energy than it uses.
Are You Ready?
If you’re looking for a builder that can offer more than just building, look no further. We’ll not only deliver on budget and on time with the latest technology but also provide architectural design services to make sure your home is built exactly how you want it. Contact us today at Home and Made Custom Home Builders! Call 404.448.2897 or contact us through email at Zane@HomeandMade.com